Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Joy Forever

For the past few days I've been complaining (in a fun and lighthearted manner, of course) about all the horrific things we're finding as we try to get the house into habitable shape.  I'm sure some of you are wondering why we even bought it.  I'll level with you.  I bought it for the garden.








Acres of lawn, a series of ponds, and beautiful flowers?  Practically irresistible.  But when I saw the side garden, I was completely sold.  How about these beauties:



Bushes of gently ripening black raspberries... 




Thousands of soon-to-be blackberries (or red raspberries? Time will tell)...



Ten-foot tall trees full of blueberries...



A tangle of grapevines...


And all over the yard, the biggest wild strawberries I've ever seen.

The house is gonna be a ton of work, but at least there are sweet rewards waiting for us outside!  Drop by in a month or two for some pie!  (Assuming we can get a working oven...)

--Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment