Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Nasty McGrimyfingers

I don't care what the family who occupied our house before us was actually named.  From now on I'm calling them the McGrimyfingers.




Maybe the McGrimySinkers?  Honestly, I don't even understand how the house got this dirty.  A little elbow wax was applied this morning, and we got several of these trouble areas sparkling right up again (you can see I was midway through the sink scrub job when I snapped the pic).  It's the little things that count, right?  That's my mantra from now on.  I shut my eyes and chant it whenever I walk into the laundry room and am faced with this gorgeous problem:


Yep, apparently when we run our kitchen sink, it backs up into the laundry room sink and floods the basement.  Surprise!  So our very first visit from the plumber will be at 9.00am tomorrow.  All part of the joys of being a homeowner, right?  Just love these little surprises.  

In closing, I'll leave you with my 'wtf' moment from today:


A forest of staples on one of the stair treads?  Wtf?

--Lily

2 comments:

  1. Probably for carpet? Badly applied?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah, we pulled up the carpet and the staples were in the padding. But really, two or three would have done it!

    ReplyDelete